- ‘Free, but lonely’ – an extraordinary sonata and its new edition
- A difficult case: Chopin’s b-minor sonata op. 58 in Urtext
- “Gabriellas sång” by Brahms?
- Rachmaninoff’s Paganini Rhapsody and the treasures in the Library of Congress
- No end to Rachmaninoff in sight: several annotations to opp. 3 and 16
Tagsaccent accidentals arrangements autograph Bach Bartók Beethoven Brahms Carnival Chopin Christmas clarinet Complete Edition Debussy Double bass Dvorak facsimile Fauré first edition genesis Haydn Hoffmeister horn instrumentation Liszt Mendelssohn Mozart notation piano piano sonata Préludes Rachmaninoff Ravel revision Saint-Saëns Schubert Schumann Scriabin string quartet urtext variants variations versions viola Violin Sonata
Tag Archives: viola
Piano concertos and sonatas, violin concerto and sonatas, cello sonatas … Continue reading
The repertoire of the G. Henle publishing house is traditionally … Continue reading
Fans of the humourist Wilhelm Busch will certainly be reminded … Continue reading
Sometimes you have to dig deeper! Or: What the violist should really play in Hoffmeister’s concerto.
Most violists groan whenever the names Hoffmeister and Stamitz are … Continue reading